Ms. Tumber draws on experience to give plaintiffs strategic advantage in even the most complex employment discrimination cases. Parveen’s practice areas include employment discrimination and harassment claims, as well as cases involving wage and hour violations. Ms. Tumber is committed to bringing excellent results to individuals who have been mistreated in the workplace. Parveen has represented clients who have recovered millions of dollars arising out of unpaid wages, workplace discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Ms. Tumber received her B.A. from San Francisco State University and her J.D. from Golden Gate University School of Law. During law school, she received multiple awards for her academic achievements. She interned with a non-profit organization specializing in civil rights and immigration in San Francisco where she was proud to engage members of the local community. Ms. Tumber’s passion for employees began after she interned at the EEOC and participated as part of the EEOC’s outreach programs where she developed a desire to represent those who had been seriously injured or whose civil rights had been violated.
Ms. Tumber has also represented a number of employers. She both advises and defends management in all types of employment matters, including wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, disability accommodation, and independent contractor status. In litigation, she has represented employers against single plaintiff lawsuits. She has also defended employers before various agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Department of Fair Employment & Housing, and the Division of Labor Stands Enforcement. Additionally, Ms. Tumber prepares employee handbooks and policies, offers of employment, separation agreements, and arbitration agreements.
Ms. Tumber grew up in Elk Grove, CA, and often attends various community functions in the area. After over a decade in the Bay Area, Parveen currently resides in West Sacramento, California, with her husband and two daughters. She currently serves in various committee leadership roles, including the West Sacramento Planning Commission.
- Employment Law:
- Wrongful Termination
- Wage and Hour
- Whistleblower Retaliation
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Disability Accommodation
- Leaves of Absence
- Personnel Policies and Handbooks
- General Business Law
Honors and Awards:
- Northern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2015 – 2016
- Northern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2014 – 2015
- Northern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2013-2014
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- United States District Court: Northern District
- United States District Court: Eastern District
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Planning Commissioner, City of West Sacramento, California
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association
- Member, South Asian Bar Association
- Member, Junior League of Sacramento
- Member, San Joaquin County Bar Association
- Previous: Chair, South Asian Woman Attorneys’ Network- SABA Northern California
- Previous: Board Member, South Asian Bar Association of Northern California Foundation